Visions and Values
At Coleman Primary School we want all our pupils to ‘Be the Best that they Can Be’.
- We ensure that all children achieve their very best and foster high aspirations for themselves and their families. We recognise that every child in our school is unique and has their own interests, strengths and areas for development.
- We want all our pupils to achieve well academically but ensure they receive a broad education where they are given a chance to discover abilities in areas such as Science, Technology, The Arts, PE & Sport.
- We ensure every child will be nurtured and given their opportunity to shine, regardless of ability or circumstances. Mistakes are embraced as possibilities for new knowledge and understanding.
- Our families and community are celebrated and acknowledged as our key learning partners in empowering children and their relatives to be successful.
- Our core characteristics of learning: creativity, articulacy, resilience and respect ensure all of our children flourish.
- Our curriculum is designed to develop the whole child, with our curriculum aims threaded throughout each year. It has been designed to cover all of the skills, knowledge and understanding as set out in the National Curriculum and we enhance this by ensuring that learning relates to our locality and the heritage of our pupils. We enrich learning and build cultural capital through providing visits, visitors and experiences that expand the horizons of our pupils. We want pupils at Coleman to have memorable, lifelong learning experiences.
- Our school is very special: we have a learning environment to be proud of; amazing teachers and support staff; and as a result pupils are engaged, enthusiastic and proud of their school.